Penfield students participate in "Buddy Up Olympics" |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
The Olympics don't start until July, but on Wednesday, students in Penfield got to participate in the Buddy Olympics.
It's a district wide event in Penfield. 75 special education students compete in a variety of events like relay races, ring tosses, even having fun with a parachute.
It's a chance to showcase talents and celebrate differences.
"It's not about competition, it's about exercise, it's about coming together and allowing these students to feel a sense of pride and accomplishment," Scribner Elementary principal Scott Hirschler tells News10NBC.
The Buddy Olympics began three years ago, and the hope is to make it bigger and better each year.
Upcoming Events near Webster-Penfield
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Perinton Concert Band presents "For the Joy of It"
- Assemblyman Mark Johns to host fourth annual free boating safety course
- Do the Right Thing Winners: Teagan Holmes, Sarah Danesh and Elle Liberatore
- Gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino in Rochester today
- Republican candidate for governor, Rob Astorino in town tomorrow