Update: Truck goes up embankment, crashes into bridge support on 490 | Crime
Police say charges are pending against a man who drove his truck across three lanes of traffic and into a bridge support off of 490 Monday night around 8 p.m.
Police say 21-year-old Christopher Chevalier of Webster lost control of his truck, veered right across all three lanes, went up an embankment and slammed into a bridge support.
Witnesses say before rescue crews arrived, passing drivers stopped to help and held the truck up so it didn't fall back down onto the highway.
Chevalier is in guarded condition.
Upcoming Events near Webster-Penfield
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Perinton Concert Band presents "For the Joy of It"
- Assemblyman Mark Johns to host fourth annual free boating safety course
- Do the Right Thing Winners: Teagan Holmes, Sarah Danesh and Elle Liberatore
- Gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino in Rochester today
- Republican candidate for governor, Rob Astorino in town tomorrow