Update: Truck goes up embankment, crashes into bridge support on 490 | Crime
Police say charges are pending against a man who drove his truck across three lanes of traffic and into a bridge support off of 490 Monday night around 8 p.m.
Police say 21-year-old Christopher Chevalier of Webster lost control of his truck, veered right across all three lanes, went up an embankment and slammed into a bridge support.
Witnesses say before rescue crews arrived, passing drivers stopped to help and held the truck up so it didn't fall back down onto the highway.
Chevalier is in guarded condition.
Upcoming Events near Webster-Penfield
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Perinton Concert Band to present "Fanfares, Flourishes and Flutes"
- Upcoming Crush Cancer Concert in Fairport honors student and helps others
- Hazardous waste collection on May 17
- Senator Schumer in Fairport to talk about school safety funding cuts
- E-Scrap 4 Camp to benefit Camp Good Days and Special Times