Update: Truck goes up embankment, crashes into bridge support on 490 | Crime
Police say charges are pending against a man who drove his truck across three lanes of traffic and into a bridge support off of 490 Monday night around 8 p.m.
Police say 21-year-old Christopher Chevalier of Webster lost control of his truck, veered right across all three lanes, went up an embankment and slammed into a bridge support.
Witnesses say before rescue crews arrived, passing drivers stopped to help and held the truck up so it didn't fall back down onto the highway.
Chevalier is in guarded condition.
Top Webster-Penfield Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fairport Savings Bank awards four local students with Legacy Scholarships
- Fairport VFW Post 8495 to hold Memorial Day Parade
- Fleet Feet FireCracker 5 Mile held in July
- School District Budget Voting information for Fairport and East Rochester
- Testimony begins in trial of two people charged in death of Fairport teacher