Rochester Academy Charter School employee arrested | Crime
The dean at the Rochester Academy Charter School has been arrested. He has been charged with endangering the welfare of children.
Kevin Markman, 41 of Penfield, was arrested June 29.
According to court paperwork, Markman beaten and threatened young children so much so that they became afraid for themselves and one another.
Markman pled not guilty during his arraignment in Penfield Town Court Tuesday afternoon. The judge placed an order of protection for the children involved.
Markman's attorney says Markman has no criminal record, not even a parking ticket.
Markman was released and is due back in court on August 7.
Markman's employer, the Rochester Academy Charter School, issued a statement Tuesday afternoon saying in part, "The school does not know the circumstances surrounding Mr. Markman’s charge and therefore, cannot comment in that regard. Upon completion of its investigation and review, the Board will assess Mr. Markman’s situation.”
Upcoming Events near Webster-Penfield
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Nazareth, WXXI, and Little Theatre team Up for 2014 Teen Film Festival
- Rotary Club of Pittsford to hold annual "Taste of Pittsford" event
- Mother of AIDS victim speaks at Irondequoit Country Club
- MCC named tax free zone in Start Up New York plan
- Wegmans in Pittsford to host book signing with celebrity chef Carla Hall