Penfield and Webster to hold household hazardous waste collection | Environment
The towns of Penfield and Webster will hold an appointment-only, one day Household Hazardous Waste collection at the Town of Penfield Highway Garage on Jackson Road, on Saturday, April 21, from 7:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Most HHW including paint, flammables and other chemicals from home-use is safe when used and stored properly. When they become unwanted and are disposed of improperly, these household wastes can become environmental hazards.
To ensure safety and reduce waiting times, appointments are required at all HHW collections. Appointments will be accepted until April 20.
To schedule an appointment, Webster residents can call 872-1443 and Penfield residents can call 340-8710 Appointments can be scheduled on-line at http://www.monroecounty.gov/hhw.
This collection is open to all Monroe County residents. Waste from businesses will not be accepted.
Upcoming Events near Webster-Penfield
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Assemblyman Mark Johns to host fourth annual free boating safety course
- Do the Right Thing Winners: Teagan Holmes, Sarah Danesh and Elle Liberatore
- Gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino in Rochester today
- Republican candidate for governor, Rob Astorino in town tomorrow
- Register your child now for kindergarten in Fairport