Town of Penfield to hold“Living Next to Stormwater Ponds II” community meeting | Environment
Penfield residents are invited to a community presentation entitled, "Living Next to Stormwater Ponds II. The presentation will be Tueday April 12 at 7:00pm at the Penfield Town Hall.
The purpose of the meeting is to share information regarding the purpose of stormwater ponds and to present proper care and maintenance techniques to minimize common issues like algae, erosion, weeds, invasive species and nuisance wildlife. The presentation will be co-hosted by the Town of Penfield, Monroe County Soil & Water Conservation District, and the Stormwater Coalition of Monroe County.
Presenters will include Paul Sawyko of the Monroe County Stormwater Coalition with education on rain barrel construction and use; Bob Kiley of the Monroe County Soil and Water Conservation District with information about living next to a stormwater pond; and Town Engineer Geoff Benway will share information on green infrastructure and current policies for Town-owned ponds.
Upcoming Events near Webster-Penfield
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Perinton Concert Band presents "For the Joy of It"
- Assemblyman Mark Johns to host fourth annual free boating safety course
- Do the Right Thing Winners: Teagan Holmes, Sarah Danesh and Elle Liberatore
- Gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino in Rochester today
- Republican candidate for governor, Rob Astorino in town tomorrow