Rochester General Health System acquires Linden Oaks Medical Campus | Health
There was a major announcement from Rochester General Health Systems Thursday morning. It announced it is buying the Linden Oaks Medical Campus off Route 441 in Penfield. Officials say it’s the future of local healthcare.
This $40-million investment by RGHS is expected to create hundreds of jobs in the next four to five years.
The project will include three buildings on Hagen Drive, a new ambulatory surgery center and the current surgery center on Lattimore Road will be moved to Penfield and expanded.
Other plans include expanding the Lipson Cancer Center at Linden Oaks and adding a full service urgent care facility.
The concept is a hospital without beds. It’s convenient for people, easy parking and shorter stays which translate to smaller medical bills.
RGHS President and CEO mark Clement says this is a trend seen across the nation.
Construction on the new surgery center will start late this summer. It’s slated to open in June 2013.
Upcoming Events near Webster-Penfield
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Upcoming Crush Cancer Concert in Fairport honors student and helps others
- Hazardous waste collection on May 17
- Senator Schumer in Fairport to talk about school safety funding cuts
- E-Scrap 4 Camp to benefit Camp Good Days and Special Times
- East Rochester girl starts petition to improve safety at intersection