Wegmans announce price freeze on 50+ products families buy most | News
With concerns about the economy still at the forefront of people’s minds, Wegmans is once again freezing prices on more than 50 products that families use most.
This comes after the expiration of a list of 40 items, with prices guaranteed through the end of 2011, introduced in February 2011.
Twenty-seven of the items on that original list are also on the new list and 25 new items have been added. Wegmans says the new list takes into account seasonality by including such things as condensed and ready-to-serve canned soups, navel oranges and several cough and cold over-the-counter medications. It also includes items like bread and paper products. Some items such as peanut butter, canned tuna and coffee did not carry over to the new list.
Wegmans guarantees that the retail prices for products on this list will not increase even if costs go up. The prize freeze will be in effect from January 8 through April 28.
Upcoming Events near Webster-Penfield
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Assemblyman Mark Johns to host fourth annual free boating safety course
- Do the Right Thing Winners: Teagan Holmes, Sarah Danesh and Elle Liberatore
- Gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino in Rochester today
- Republican candidate for governor, Rob Astorino in town tomorrow
- Register your child now for kindergarten in Fairport